RE: Folks seekin' Alfa help elsewhere!

> I was just checking the AROC-USA Guestbook. It appears that several folks
in and
> out of the US are seeking technical assistance via the AROC-USA Guestbook.
>
> Unfortunately I do not have the time to post the queries to the Alfa
Digest. If
> anyone is interested in assisting these folks please visit the AROC-USA
> Guestbook at http://www.aroc-usa.org/guestbook/guestbook.html

Ok, here they are, edited down to questions and stuff for sale/trade.  Hope
I don't hit the 10k character limit..

To the folks on the digest, you should probably respond to the individuals
listed, as they're probably not on the digest.

To the folks copied, I've taken the liberty of responding to Bernies request
by posting all of the queries in the AROC guestbook to the Alfa digest, a
wonderful and active internet forum for Alfa people.  You can subscribe by
sending e-mail to majordomo@domain.elided with the text "subscribe alfa-digest"
in the message body.

bs

**************

Well hello again I am the one that got a great deal on a 1988 spider
graduate,its great handles great however I think the clutch its going on it,
when I turn the car seems to race before it pick up speed does anyone know
if is due to the cold weather or is it the clutch and how much can I expect
to pay to fix it........thank you
Ektor SIlva <Hsilva7858@domain.elided>

I learned how to drive in my mothers Alfa Romeo beginning when I was about
14 in 1976. We sold the car in the mid '80s so I will try to describe it as
I remember it. I was told that it was a '59 and from the brochures that were
with the car decided that it was a Giulietta Spider Roadster 2000 DOHC.
There was a plaque on the dash describing the illustrious history of Alfa
racing, I believe it commemorated 50 years. It was a large car with room
behind the seats for a third passenger with the top down. I would now like
to replace the car but all the '59 models i have seen pictures of seem to be
too small. Maybe my mother told me the wrong year. Can anybody help?
steve larue <skdoprogut@domain.elided>
ogden, ut USA - Friday, February 18, 2000 at 13:54:58 (EST)

Just changed job for much better pay, bad news is no more time for projects.
Have 69 Duetto and 86 GTV6 that need TLC to be vrooming again. Only to good
home that will take good care of them. Will not part out.
William Song <songchiwai@domain.elided>
Foster City, CA USA - Tuesday, February 15, 2000 at 02:52:15 (EST)

I own a 89 Milano Verde that I bought brand new. When the car is cold I have
trouble shifting into 2nd gear. I'm wondering if there is anyone out there
with the same problem and maybe a solution.
John Chisari <thecrow@domain.elided>
yorkville, Il USA - Sunday, February 13, 2000 at 22:31:56 (EST)

Im on my second Alfa saloon, a Giulietta 1.8, a 116 series car that wa
snever imported to the US, however any info would be greatly appreciated as
it is full of rust and restoration is proving difficult.
Andy Nicholson <the.nicholson.family@domain.elided>
Oakham, Leics. U.K. - Sunday, February 13, 2000 at 16:53:52 (EST)

Unfortunatly I do not own one. My cousin purchased a GTV6 before I could.
Then he sold it within 6 months of purchase. There are a pair of taillight
lenses, tachometer and steering wheel if anyone is interested to purchase or
trade???
joey <durusan@domain.elided>
Los Angeles, ca USA - Thursday, February 10, 2000 at 16:00:27 (EST)

I am very pleased to find this club of Alfa lovers. I am in great need of
some technical help with my 1986 Spider Graduate. It ran great for a year
then suddenly last fall it started running very rich and rough. I have
replaced the cat. converter and the oxygen sensor, to no avail. Any help
would be appreciated. P.S. I plan on joining the local AROC (if I can get my
Alfa running.) Thanks for any help.
Brian Smith <barbud@domain.elided>
St. Ann, MO USA - Thursday, February 03, 2000 at 12:08:45 (EST)

I grew up with Alfas, my dad has had a GTV-6, a '56 Gulietta(sorry about the
spelling), and a 79 spider; so naturally Im obsessed as well. Furthermore I
am a prospective Montreal owner, Ive found an absolutely spectacular one,
but I would like feedback from some Montreal owners to see what Im getting
in to.
Michael Shroads <mjshroads@domain.elided>
Valencia, CA USA - Wednesday, February 02, 2000 at 02:45:14 (EST)

 I just acquired a 1987 Spider with 34K mi. No rust. All original. I just
installed Bilstein shocks, and am getting ready to install a new top. I
would be interested in contacting Alfa owners in the Philadelphia area.
Steve <steve_drumheller@domain.elided>
Coopersburg, PA USA - Wednesday, January 12, 2000 at 21:28:58 (EST)

 My 92 Spider is one of the mosy enjoyable cars to drive that I've owned.
I'm looking for a factory hard top. Any help will be appreciated.
Steve Fetzko <slfetzko@domain.elided>
Sunnyvale, Ca. USA - Thursday, January 06, 2000 at 17:00:50 (EST)

End of alfa-digest V7 #1388