wife's car pt 2

> BTW, I noticed almost every 164 advertized for sale here have motor
> rebuilt before 100,000 miles.   IMHO, any modern engine with mediocre
> maintenance should last well over 200,000 miles.  Unless it is used for
> local grocery shopping only.

Karl and all,

I have 2 164s with over 100K and no problems. I think most
Alfa owners that rebuild do it either due to a belt failure
or because they want to, not need to. Also "new engine" has
a wide definition. I know of one 164 in Michigan that has
over 250K on it. I doubt durability is an issue on Alfa
motors, just owners who want to tinker and find a "reason"
to tear down a motor.

:)
- --
*Bill Harkell				           *