Re: Joystick Controller for Mirrors and More

Sid,

If the problem definately lies with the switch, you have a couple of
options.  One is that you can mail-order the part new (I'd try Paul Spreull
or Don Eriminas).  Another is that APE might have one (tI got one there,
but I'm not sure they were significantly cheaper than getting a new one).
Yet another option is that, depending on what's actually wrong with the
switch, you might be able to fix it.  If you're generally handy with this
kind of thing, you'll find that the switch comes apart fairly easily and
unlike the long joysticks from the '80's cars, is mechanically simple
inside.  I pulled an '80's switch apart and ended up with a jigsaw puzzle
of contacts and springs strewn about.  I pulled a '90's switch apart,
modified it internally, reassembled and presently have it in my car.

Oh - there's actually a fourth option: find a new or used '80's switch, and
I'll trade you the mirrors from my '86.  ;^)

But in all seriousness, if you'd like more specific assistance with any of
these options, I'm happy to help.

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce "Strega" (with '91 joystick)