Re: Safe to leave Spider Top Down in Parking Lots?

> What is the consensus regarding leaving the top down on a Spider in public
> parking lots?  I would like to leave the tonneau cover on the car, but I do
> not want to take the time to take it on and off each time I want leave the
> car with the top down.  My fear is that people would through trash, drinks,
> etc into the car if I leave the top down.  What is the experience from list
> members?

I leave my top down all the time, no problems. But, I also have an alarm
with a proximity sensor - people get a little too close and it barks at
em'. It's pretty funny to watch when people jump. Your concern is
accurate though - I used to have an MR2 with T-Tops and once some kids
at a Taco Bell dumped their garbage in my car - this was in Los Angeles
though. Bottom line, depending on where you park will dictate top-up or
top-down.

Sid
91 Spider Veloce
ITSAFUN