Re: Leaving Your Top Down in Public

Ken,

> My fear is that people would through trash,
> drinks, etc into the car if I leave the top down.
> What is >the experience from list members?

I've left my 1991 Spider alone for VERY short periods
of time with the top down on a number of occasions
without a problem (radio faceplate with me,
trunk/gas/glove box locked).

However, during the summer of 1993, I left the car
with the top down all day while at work, on the roof
of a multi-level parking lot across the street from my
job.

When I returned that afternoon, I found the seats
tilted all the way back (which isn't far, actually)
and several McDonald's french fries on the passenger
floor!!  It appeared that someone had enjoyed lunch in
the warm Chicago sunshine from the interior of my car.

:)

Diane
Northern Virginia