Re: Winter Musings

Jonn from Toronto writes:
snip
>What about the rest of you? Perhaps I want to live vicariously.
>But I'd be interested how you Alfa makes you feel.

Alfa is the only car giving me satisfaction.
I prefectly know there are plenty of newer, better, faster, more reliable
cars around.  I could get any of those japanese coupes, I could get
one of those very powerfull escorts... I could even have fun, lotsa fun
with 'em, I'd even love to own a ... let's say, Nissan 200SX.... but I feel
myself just with an Alfa.  And especially PRE-fiat ones, above all the 75.
Why this ??? I don't know... but I feel one step ahead the others driving
such a car.  Maybe it's the engine voice, might be that with its behaviour...
it seems alive, maybe just because it's troublish or isn't perfect at all.
Or it's just that I need to sit in that seat, and have the BISCIONE (*)
just before my eyes, in the center of the steering wheel.
That logo I love to see, that logo that's unique world wide... neither the
ferrari's one is nicer IMO.
Or it's just love:  the most unlogic feeling a human being can feel.

(*) BISCIONE: literaly means "big snake", and it's referred to the green snake
on the right part of Alfa logo.  Alfa Romeo is commonly referred in Italy as
"La Casa Del Biscione" that's "The Home Of Big Snake"
CASA (=Home) is meant as the "factory of...". Indeed a car brand/factory is
called "casa automobilistica" (=Automotive brand)

nodoubt,
937 landpilot
A lifetime isn't enough
937RS2, 75 Turbo, RM250