Metrically speaking

Carson -
In my job as a municipal engineer I have been exposed to numerous "reports"
that we have to metricate.  We are doing a 7 mile long 7 lane US highway
rebuild in my jurisdiction that was designed in metric in order to qualify in
1992 (or was it 1993?) for federal funds.  This constant changing drives our
designers crazy.  Fortunately CADD allows us to change relatively painlessly.
I don't hold my breath for the 100 kmph speed limits on our interstates.

Gordy Hyde
on the edge of Seattle
NWARC Secretary