Top down time

Ken -
Several recommendations I have for you.  I feel a bit like a teen-agers older
brother telling him how to take a top down.  Those front latches always
screwed me up.   :^)
1 - If dirty, wash the top.  (I do this rarely and don't use any special
products (I have a cloth top, not vinyl)
2 - Wash the window - polish if you will.
3 - Get a LARGE Turkish towel and roll it up.  Place the towel on the window
and leave a "tail" that extends over the last frame support.
4 - Make sure the car is in the sun or that the window temperature has
already been raised to "warm."
5 - Carefully lower the top into the rear bin, making sure that the towel
"tail" stays between the frame support and the window.  Also make sure that
the window doesn't crease as you are folding it.  The LARGE towel should help
you keep a nice radius on the window.
6 - Use the hold-down straps to keep the top from bouncing around.
7 - Move into the driver's seat and enjoy your nice Spring weather.
8 - Don't let anything take that smile off your face.

Gordy Hyde
NWARC
on the edge of Seattle
1987 Spider "VELOCE"