Re: Portland OR Stuff to do

> Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:26:45 -0800
> From: Simon Favre <simon@domain.elided>
> Subject: Portland, OR -- what to see and do
>
> Just to add to what Paul Rollins said about Portland and its beer.
> Portland is home to some of the best microbrews in the country. The
> locals are as fanatical about their beer as those in the Napa Valley
> of California can be about wine. I've been there a number of times
> on business. The average barmaid in Portland can not only tell you
> where a given beer was brewed, but WHO the brewmaster was and where
> he studied his art. If you get any time to sneak away from the AROC
> convention, and tour the city, do try some of the local pubs and
> restaurants. I would tend more toward the seafood restaurants than
> the Chinese food, but that's more because we're hip deep in good
> Chinese food in the SF Bay Area. In Portland, I've found any of the
> restaurants owned by McCormick & Schmick (sp?) to be excellent.
> During July, Jake's Famous Crawfish may actually have crawfish...

You can also visit Eugene, which, according to the mayor(or was it chief
of police?) of Seattle, is the home of "all" the "anarchists" at the WTO
demonstrations!  Did anyone actually swallow that?

Did someone mention crawfish??!!

Mark Tamas
Eugene, OR (ex Baton Rouge, Louisiana)

Oh, sorry, no Alfa content- This is the ONLY ONE! I promise!!!