'91 Alfa Romeo Slug

My '91 Spider Veloce accelerates slower than my S.O.'s
100,000 mi.+ 1985 Mazda RX-7...this is highly
embarassing.

The Spider has spent most of the last 6 years in
climate-controlled storage, but now that I live a bit
more south, I want to take advantage of the more
temperate climate and drive her more than just a few
months out of the year.  Unfortunately, it seems that
the long-term storage has done some lasting
damage...or has it?

"Italian tune-ups" have been done, at least the car
starts on the first try now (and stays started).  It
has passed emissions and state inspection, and was
recently given a good once-over by a local Alfa
technician.  (Nothing significant found.)

Any advice on what to do to get the car back up to
speed (in less than a minute with the foot planted,
preferably)?

Thanks in advance,

Diane
Northern Virginia

'91 silver Spider Veloce (apparently still half
asleep)
'80 black Spider Veloce
'96 green/gold GMC Sierra 2500 SLT
'74 bay American Morgan Horse gelding (1 bhp)

<\___~
 (( ))