Miata seats in a Spider?

  I seem to recall some time ago someone mentioning
they had put (or were trying to put) Mazda Miata seats
in their spider.  The seats in my '74 are pretty beat
and I've found a nice set of black cloth Miata seats
in a local junk yard for $100 for the pair.  Seemed to
me like a hell of a deal.  Anybody have any advice on
what's involved in putting them in?  I assume some
modifications are in order but I'd like to have some
idea of what I'm getting into first.
Thanks
Bryan Carter