Re Alfa 4cyl Crankshaft Pulley Nut size

I'm pretty sure this is a 36mm nut.    It's the largest socket in my tool
kit.

By the way,  anyone who's contemplating doing their valve clearances for the
first time.

The timing chain master link has - 4 - pieces.  The plate with two pins on
it,   the plate for the opposite side,  the little fishy clip, and another
plate that sits in the middle.

I was very careful and used a big rag, and gently removed the fish, the
first plate, and the back plate with the two pins, and stored them safely,
and gently removed my rag, and then grabbed the chain to tie it off, and the
centre plate flipped over the back of my hand and clinked, quite musically,
4 - 5 times as it fell into the sump.

Still, it's been pretty warm here in Melbourne.  39 degrees a few days ago.
Fried my brains.

<laughing> It really was one of those moments when time stands still, and
you contemplate the stupidity of what you did, and the time it's going to
take to get back to where you were up to a few short moments ago.  Used a
few colourful words I did.

Scott.

'71 105 1750 GT Veloce.