Series 4 Spider Chassis Stiffener

I'd be interested in experiences chassis stiffeners.  I love the car, but it
does flex too much.  Here on the northeast, nice, smooth roads are the
exceptions not the rule.  I saw a stiffener in a parts catalog for $400.
Seems like it would be a good investment if it works.

Btw, thanks for all of the great info folks.  Its been a real help, and just
what you hope for from a support/interest group like this.

Best regards,
Rob