spider idle surges

> Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:53:16 -0500
> From: "Robert Strause" <rdstrause@domain.elided>
> Subject: idle surge
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Question for you all re: my '91 Spider.  It runs great.  It does something
> annoying though in that it surges at idle.  When cold, it idles relatively
> smoothly at 1k.  Once warm though it falls from 1k to 500 and oscillates
> back and forth.  Never stalls, but threatens to now and then.  Its annoying
> as heck, especially when stopped at a light and other drivers look at you as
> if your cars falling apart.  Mechanic says its normal for a fuel injected
> Spider, but I don't believe it.
>
> Anyone no otherwise ?

 First find a new mechanic. Second, remove and clean the the
Idle control motor on the intake with brake cleaner or
Gumout and then lube with light lube spray, NOT WD-40, which
is detrimental to rubber. That should solve the surge,
also confirm that the intake hose has no rips...

Enjoy
- --
*Bill Harkell				           *
*Internet Manager				   *