Power seats in 164 and taste

I think there was a kind of recall about power seats motors in 164.You better check the TSB section of the cardisc for info.
About the comments about Europe: I think that percentage-wise this is a mostly American Digest.But we TRY to make it International, right?
Everybody is wellcome, right?
So, it cannot be wrong that other people of other nations are being patriotic.This is why I think the disputes should never become personal.
The facts can be hard to sort out since every manufacturer these days is involved somehow with everyone else.
Personally ,I think that the European Ideal of a sportscar is something relatively small and surely light and in uncompromising contact with the road.Something like a Mini Cooper or a first generation Golf GTI or a Renault Clio Williams or a Lancia Delta Integrale or the dual-motor A-class .I have heard of tuning-by-weight-shedding.That is the most expensive of them all:
Involves changing -say US spec- Triplex windshield with duplex or simple layer.Same goes with changing power-this and power-that to manual everything (well, except the brakes and steering).Superlight seats.Kind of what is going on with the bycicle parts.
Sorry for the length
Vlad
91 164L (I know, I won't do any of the above to mine ,maybe if had several 164 and $$ I would)