164 doorlatch

I changed mine like almost 1 year ago.I remember it being a pain, but i remember realizing that i was triing to install it wrong either from outside or inside.I'm sorry that this sounds so frustrating and not helpfull at all.I think that in my care i took a peek in the cardisc and sat down for 10 mins just looking at all the components apart and the it struck me.Sorry, though i don't remember the contents of my "eureka" though.If it comes down to it, and i have some time, i'll open it up again and try to have a look at it.Isn't it that the problem is not bolting the latch handle but getting the fork inside around the rod, maybe?
Vlad