Spider water pump removal

Message text written by INTERNET:alfa@domain.elided
>It started with the replacement of the fan and while I had the radiator
out I =

decided to have it reworked and buy a new fan shroud. An electric fan wou=
ld

have been optimal but it wouldn't fit because of the dealer installed =

air-conditioning. So while I had all of that out I figured I might as wel=
go =

ahead and replace the water pump. Now I have the nine nuts off of the wat=
er

pump and I have broken the pump loose but it seems to be hitting on the
crank =

pulley at the bottom of the pump. Am I missing something? Will I have to
take =

the crank pulley off to remove the water pump and if so what size is the
nut =

holding it on? What kind of hassle is involved with the removal of the
crank =

pulley. I am missing some great days of driving because of this so any he=
lp

will be appreciated. Thanks Norm.
<
The manual tells you to remove the crankshaft pulley, but you can get the=

water pump off by pulling two of the studs.  Can't remember which two, bu=
it should be obvious.

Chris Sweetapple
Highwood Motor Company
Swansea, U.K.