Re: idle surge

Robert,

While I'm afraid I can't tell you what's wrong with your spider, I CAN tell you
that you might start looking for another mechanic, if this one insists that a
dramatically wandering idle is "normal" for your '91 spider.  It most certainly
is not, and if he can't fix it, find someone who will.

Under best case scenario (he's an old Spica-head and doesn't know Bosch, but is
otherwise good with Alfas), go get a second opinion on this one issue from
somebody who knows Bosch; people on this list have mentioned good experiences
with reputable german car mechanics.

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce "Strega" (14 years old, 110K, and still idles (fairly)
smoothly)