Re:81 Spider Water pump removal

It started with the replacement of the fan and while I had the radiator out I
decided to have it reworked and buy a new fan shroud. An electric fan would
have been optimal but it wouldn't fit because of the dealer installed
air-conditioning. So while I had all of that out I figured I might as well go
ahead and replace the water pump. Now I have the nine nuts off of the water
pump and I have broken the pump loose but it seems to be hitting on the crank
pulley at the bottom of the pump. Am I missing something? Will I have to take
the crank pulley off to remove the water pump and if so what size is the nut
holding it on? What kind of hassle is involved with the removal of the crank
pulley. I am missing some great days of driving because of this so any help
will be appreciated. Thanks Norm.

71 Spider project (tagged and shelved)
81 Spider (great weekend cruiser)