Re: V6 clutch info

Hi Frank

When my Verde clutch started to slip last summer I didn't have the $5-600
for the whole unit.  I took the assembly apart carefully, keeping track of
where every nut and bolt went, and had the pp resurfaced and the clutch disk
relined at a specialty brake shop (it was a bigger outfit--not like a Midas
type place.  I found them in the yellow pages.  Try looking under clutch,
and if you don't find anything try brakes and see if you can find a place
the can reline shoes and pads).  I didn't get anything rebalanced.  I was
nervous doing the job this way for 2 reasons.  First, because a lot of
people told me I should only replace the unit as a whole (although a few
people (and logic) told me I could just replace the disk).  The second thing
I was worried about was the fact that when I took it apart I found the
clutch wasn't worn out.  There was no fluid or other contaminates on it, so
I didn't know why it had been slipping in the first place.  But I am very
happy with the results.  I have done some very hard starts with no problems,
and balance hasn't been an issue.

Hope that helps

Damien