14" Tire Sizes

I'd go with 195/65-14.  They're only 0.2" smaller in diameter than the
185/70-14 that were stock.  195/60's are more than 0.5" smaller and that can
cause problems with ground clearance.  Yoko AVSi were (are?) available in
195/65-14 and I can also vouch for Dunlop D60A2 in that size as a reasonably
good H rated tire with pretty decent wet and dry "stick" and reasonable tire
life, which is important if it's a daily driver.

Some folks have extolled the virtues of 205/60 on the 6" rim, but my
experience is that low speed steering effort really goes up and it's a bear
to parallel park!  Also, part of a Spider's charm is its blend of modern and
"vintage" touchs.  Make the tires too fat and it's not as much fun to toss
about, IMHO.

Bill Bain
'83 Spider