Re: Re: RE: USA taste and import restrictions

Italiacars@domain.elided wrote:

>taxed so heavily that the products are not competitive. Another reason is US
>made cars tend to be a bit larger than the either Asian or European cars
>mostly because Americans tend to be genetically taller and larger people.

I might agree if you talk about Asians.  But Do you really think
europeans are so shorth/thin??  I'm 1.90 meters tall, and got pretty large
shoulders... I even had to make my motorcycle leather customized up to my
own sizes, can't fit a standard one.  My father is twice larger than me.
Well: I drive an Alfa and he drives Alfa and a Suzuki car.
Go to Sweden:  from this country only I met a good number of people TALLER
than
me :)
Go to germany: ya wouldn't find so many thin people.
And in germany there are germans, in italy italians, in sweden swedish...
in USA there are half the races of the world all togheter... so this
thing about cars made for people sizes, quite frankly, is senseless.

>My God you really don't know what you are talking about do you? Have you
ever
>been to Europe or Asia? Or just read about them in books & magazines? These
>markets have more restrictive barriers than you could imagine. Try
>telecommunications - go make a phone call and you'll more than likely still
>find pulse instead of dial tone,

really ? ;-)))
In europe we have biiig phone devices companies like Nokia. And do you think
we are still standing at stone age??
Member of EU there's FINLAND, the nation world wide with the higher
cellphones/inhabitants ratio.

>agriculture - every month there is a strike
>by farmers to keep out foreign grown products.

This is half right. But I think you should have read some newspaper from here
to understand better.
The problem comes from something limited inside EU.  Some politician decided
that every country of the union has a limit (different from country to
country)
in, ie, milk production.
So... in Italy we had a chaos: a country like Italy that has always been
living
over agricolture can't be killed this way. Our milk production is pretty high,
but EU put a limit.  consider that EU's limit for ITaly is LOWER than the
internal
need we have. This mean that if we obey the limit, we must get rid of the
excess of milk, and import other milk for covering our needs. This is just
sick.
Our producers kept producing extra milk, and our government decided to pay
the fees EU would have put over us. One day italian govt decided to let the
farmers
pay these HUGE fees. go figure....

Luca

nodoubt,