Re: 164S Terminal Velocity Redux

John said the thread on the 164's top speed (which I started? - I actually
started a thread!!) discussed GTV6 top speeds. I must have missed that.

Before I had my '83 GTV6's engine rebuilt at 300k miles, I did a stop watched
run covering two miles on a lonely stretch of IH-10 in 52 seconds, that's an
indicated speed (by timing & mile markers) of 138 mph! Yes, we saw three mile
markers in less than a minute. I bet my tires were swollen up at the end of that
run!! :-)

After the rebuilding of the engine's bottom end I've not been able to repeat
that 138 mph run. Someone once told me the strongest engines were the ones that
are about to blow up. My mechanic told me I was nuts for rebuilding the bottom
end of the GTV6 at 300k miles, and that was *after* he was finished the job!! He
reminds me about this every time I see him...

'nardo "lettin' the newsletter slide" zelazninni