164S Terminal Velocity Tested

Pronto!

In a recent independant test conducted in a 1991 164S the speedometer ind=
icated a speed of 155 mph while climbing a slight incline.

Shortly after the 155 mph indication was achieved the speedometer was che=
cked with the aid of highway mile markers in three separate 10 mile runs =
with the cruise control set to 80 mph. Three separate tests were run to o=
ffset any variance in speed due to any elevation changes of the roadway. =
The results of all three tests fell within a narrow range.

The speedometer test results indicated an average error at 80 mph of 5.01=
935% resulting in an indicated speed of 155 actually being 147.22001 mph =
if the indicated error is constant at all speeds.

I recall a recent thread on the terminal velocity of 164s but do not reca=
ll the definitive results of that thread. I would like to know if the abo=
ve test results fall above or below the "technical limitations" of the ca=
rs top speed.

Please send all replies regarding this post to the Digest.

Ringraziamenti,
Professional Speeder
Somewhere in the North America
Get Visto.com!  Private groups, event calendars, email, and much more. =20
Visto.com. Life on the Dot.
Check it out @ http://www.visto.com/info