Colourful cars and tires

Marking territory indeed!!! Instead of banning the coloured tires, get a
set for each cop car and leave an enforcement mark right on top of the
gang's mark! When dealing with mad dogs one needs to fight ...er... fire
with fire...although dogs employ a different medium, the primitive urge
requires similar tactics.

As for 164 colours, 91 and 92 had the broadest palette (by 94 they were
down to 5 colours, black, white, burgundy, blue, and "champagne" which was
a kind of silvery beige). For 91-92 interior leather was available in
charcoal gray (as for my white beauty), black for the S version with red
thread in the piping, a kind of mustard colour for white and Mediterranean
Blue, and real tan for the red or green cars. I believe charcoal gray was
also available on the red cars. Cloth upholstery was light grey or tan.
Colour combos were hard to specify, the cars seemed to come as a mix of
combos. The base models were extremely rare with cloth velour upholstery,
definitely the best buy if you could find one, all the best ALFA bits
without the leather and some electrics, a bit lighter too.

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada
91 Alfa 164L, White, original owner