Milano Questions

Hi

We had a 75 Auto, which is fitted with the older small
petrol tank (45ish litres) under the back of the car, and
we consistantly got over 200 miles to a tank of fuel, at
about 25mpg (imperial). If your car is a 3L V6 then it
should have the larger (66 litre ?) fuel tank in the
boot and I would expect welll over 300 miles on a
tankful.

When we first bought it the fuel pump was on its last
legs. I fitted a new fuel pump and the engine ran
OK, but drank fuel (about 10mpg, and that is imperial
gallons so 8mpg US). It turned out that someone had
"adjusted" the air flow meter to richen the mixture up
to take account of the fuel pump. They had done this
by slackening off the spring inside. A replacement
air flow meter fixed this. It may well be worth trying
to borrow a known good afm if you cannot find anything
else wrong.

One other problem I had was on a 75 TS after replaceing
the fuel tank. I needed a new fuel pick up and this would
not collect the fuel from the bottom of the tank, maybe
leaving 2 gallons "wasted".

All the best

Keith