From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of Hal
Taylor
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2000 10:46 PM
To: Ken Ross; alfa digest
Subject: Re: Spider Interior Lights and Door Chime Help

Ken,

The courtesy lights, when in the center position, depend on the door jamb
switches.  It's either in the left or right position (don't remember which)
that they should be constantly on, regardless of door jamb switches or
running
lights.

If they DON'T work in one of these positions, then

1: the switches on the back of the lights themselves are broken or dirty
and/or
2: the bulbs are bad    and/or
3: they are not getting current (bad fuse or bad wiring)    and/or
4: they are not getting ground (bad wiring or bad ground connection).

Do you have a multitester or at least a test lamp?  If you do not have at
least
a test lamp, go, post haste, to your local car parts place and pick one up
for
less than $10.  Then, start testing things like crazy.  If you need to know
exactly what to test for the courtesy lights, ask.

Hal