Spider Interior Lights and Door Chime Help

My "new" 1990 Spider doesn't seem to have any working interior courtesy
lights and the door chime doesn't work (manual says the car has a door
chime).  The three courtesy lights that don't work are the two lights under
the dash for the driver and passenger, and the light in the glove box.  I
checked the fuses and the bulbs and everything seems ok.  Does anyone have
any ideas as to what could be wrong?  I checked one ground in the engine
compartment, but I really do not know what to look for and where the other
grounds are located.  In case it matters, the courtesy light in the engine
compartment and trunk do work.  My rear fog lights also stopped working
yesterday, so perhaps this problem is somehow related.

Another interesting thing I found was an electrical coupler in the glove box
which wasn't plugged into anything (it runs behind the glove box but was
sticking in the glove box compartment and the two wires that ran out of the
coupler were red and black). Perhaps this is for a power antenna option?  If
not, any suggestions would be appreciated since I have no idea where to
start.  TIA.

Ken Ross

End of alfa-digest V7 #1366