Re: Spider Interior Lights and Door Chime Help

Ken Ross said:

>  My "new" 1990 Spider doesn't seem to have any working interior courtesy
>  lights and the door chime doesn't work (manual says the car has a door
>  chime).  The three courtesy lights that don't work are the two lights under
>  the dash for the driver and passenger, and the light in the glove box.  I
>  checked the fuses and the bulbs and everything seems ok.  Does anyone have
>  any ideas as to what could be wrong?  I checked one ground in the engine
>  compartment, but I really do not know what to look for and where the other
>  grounds are located.  In case it matters, the courtesy light in the engine
>  compartment and trunk do work.

Ken-- I have an intermittent symptom in my 86 Spider. In my case, it is the
door switch. The switch apparently has some dirt or corrosion in it, so it
doesn't always make contact. Usually just tapping it a few times gets it
working again, and then I have no problem for weeks. I suppose that if I ever
bother to take it out to clean it, the problem will stay gone a lot longer.

On my car, there are two switches that the driver's door closes on. The lower
one is the one for the courtesy lights. Your set up may be similar.

Bob Rice
Tampa, FL
86 Spider (without an appropriate name)