Re: Cigarette Lighter outlet

<The electrical system in your Alfa is a 12 volt system.  The 10 amp fuse =
<is intended to protect the wiring connected to it, which is probably sized
=
<to handle a 10 amp load without overheating and melting, causing a fire.  =
<At 12 volts, the circuit will be able to safely provide power to a device =
<rated at 12 watts.  There should have been a label on the portable pump =
<indicating amps or watts.  If not, check the literature that came with the
=
<pump, or contact the manufacturer.  If the load is over 12 watts or 10 =
<amps, the fuse did what it's supposed to do (which I expect is the case).

Good explanation, except that 10 amps at 12 volts is 120 watts, not 12....

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand
planning to be out on the water on Saturday when Prada meet Team NZ. I know
that I'd see a lot more at home on TV, but sometimes you just have to be
there!

1973 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce