RE: Shipping Cars from the LA Area to Seattle, WA

>Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:01:29 -0800
>From: Kit Redwine <kit.redwine@domain.elided>
>Subject: Shipping costs?

>I know this comes up every once in a while, but has anyone had a car shipped
>(via car carrier I would assume) from the L.A. area up to Seattle?  Any
>guestimates of cost?

>The bug is biting hard...

>Thanks!

>Kit
>Seattle
>88 Verde

In response to your enquiry above - I have used Intercity Moving Lines (www.intercitylines.com) to move two Alfas from LA to Seattle.  The rate for a one way ship per vehicle was $900 plus an additional $50 if the vehicle was non-operational.  The shipping planner was Bob Sellers.  I shopped around, talked to several people whose opinions I value, and found them to be my best bet overall.  I would have no hesitation using them in again.

Gary W. Patitz
Boeing Phantom Works
Program Management
206-662-0307  fax:206-544-1149