Trying to get some experience from you who have "been there, done that"....

Is it safe to take apart the front suspension by: placing a jack under the
lower arm, separating the lower arm from the upright, and lowering the jack?
I need to take the suspension apart on both my Giuletta and my GTV (one for
restoration, the other for new springs), and this seemed like a safe
alternative.  I already know about the threaded rod method, and would use it
if the jack method was deemed to dangerous.  I've already gotten one opinion
about this.  Just looking for more.

#2, the air cleaner on a 750 Normale- I know its black, but what should the
finish be?  I am assuming gloss, but just wanted to check.  I've got 2 of
them, one I am restoring so that I can sell it.  Both of them have their
original serial number tag.  Interesting parts- with the S/N...   I'll also
ask these questions of the other digest I'm a member of.

Thanks a bunch.

Eric Storhok
Core Emissions and Fuel Economy Team
Advanced Powertrain Engineering