re:Spider thumping

Kim,
My 90 Spider had the same problem, except I described the noise as a loose
bowling ball rolling around underneath the driver's seat.  I knew there was no
room for a golfball under there, much less a bowling ball.  Turned out to be
the u-joints.  They were binding and on acceleration made this horrible noise.
 Had them replaced and and all has been quite (well, as quite as a SPider can
be) since.

Rob Murphy