*cheap* Spider wanted; name copyrights

My friend Jake has convinced his Dad to fund a restoration project.  Having
just let a '69 911 slip through our fingers, we thought it might be a good
idea instead to.......what else? Get another Alfa.

If anyone was has a "project-car"-quality Spider in the Cincinnatti area
(we're in Oxford) that they'd be willing to let go cheap, please let me
know.  It doesn't have to be drivable (I went 200 miles one way with a
rented trailer and borrowed van to get my GTV6...), and rust isn't a
serious issue except that the EXTERIOR needs to be relatively rust free
and/or easily restorable.  An 80's car would be ideal, as we'd like to
learn the VVT system, but anything post-Duetto is really acceptable.

Thanks,

Joe & Jake
GTV6, Milano

Always Looking For Another
(even @ 16 and broke!)

/ / /

I'm a little behind on the digests, but as for the Duetto, Volvo copyright
business, here's what I know:  The PV444/544-lookalike station wagon the
Volvo built on their P210 chassis (whereas 444's and 544's were unibodies)
was called the P210 Duett.  I'm guessing that that was copyrighted, but I
can't imagine that it would conflict with "Duetto."  Numbers like 164 (BMW,
FIAT, and Volvo all had "850" models) and words like "Berlina" (Italian for
"sedan," right?) don't get copyrighted (Ferrari and Chevrolet both had
"Berlinetta" models), although Volvo was going to call their S40 and V40 S4
and F4 but Audi didn't like the S4 part, so they went S40/F40, but that
ticked Ferrari off, and they changed to S40/V40 before production began.
Another Volvo tidbit--the 120 Amazon was officially the Amazon only in
Scandinavia as "Amazon" was the copyrighted name of a motorcylce on the
continent.

Now that I've made this the "Volvo Model Designation Digest," who agrees
that "Venus Bilo" was the most hilarious name ever for a Swedish concept
car?