164 self centering action

I have noticed a strong self centering action on the 164 power steering.
Could this be the problem noted in a recent post? From the effects
described it sounds to me like the self centering has gone haywire. BTW,
the 164 is the only power steering I have experienced with this effect. It
feels as if the power steering has a servo effect back towards center as
well as assist in the direction desired.

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada
91 Alfa 164L, White, original owner