Leaky Gtv6 Part II

For those of you interested where the water from the right sunroof drain
hole really ends up:  There's a plastic tube that goes down the A-pillar
and ends up right behind the front right wheel.  There's a metal panel
that's riveted on the back side of the wheelwell and the tube is hidden
right behind it.

After trying all sorts of different things to solve the problem of water
collecting in the passenger foot well, I believe I narrowed it down to
the sunroof drains... Last time it rained hard, I covered my sunroof
with a large plastic trashbag (!)  and sure enough, I didn't get any
water inside the car.  The right drain hole of the sunroof turned out to
be completely plugged.  I ended up removing the riveted panel inside the
wheel well, cleaning up all the dirt that was collected behind it that
also caused the plugging of the drain tube.  I used screws to put the
panel back on so that I can easily remove it next time.

Note: Since the sunroof has 4 drain holes, 2 in the front and 2 in the
back, parking you car uphill will cause the roof to drain from the back
holes and should keep your feet dry.

Now I am waiting for the next rain and keeping my fingers crossed that
the car will finally be dry inside.

Cheers,
Vangelis
Santa Barbara, CA

85 gtv6 <-- For sale
86 gtv6 <-- The leaky one
83 spider <-- Leaks, but that's expected !