164LS oil seal question

Hello

The recent 80K service on my '94 164LS with a manual transmission, revealed
a small amount of oil residue where the transmission mates to the engine,
on the bottom side.  There is no dripping at all, however, picky as I am I
want this fixed.  The car will need a new clutch soon, so I figured might
as well take care of the failed "regular" seal at the same time.  One local
mechanic claims that the seal in question is easily replaced during the
clutch job because the transmission is removed anyway to access the clutch
disk.  Another, traditionally more expensive shop, told me that I may also
have to replace the "cigarette" seals that are in the same area.  I checked
the pathetic shop manual for the car, and could not find any info on either
the "regular" or the "cigarette" seals.

So, the question is, do these "cigarette" seals exist and fail, and do you
indeed have to remove the engine to access them?  The shop wants
$3,500-$4,000 for the job and that seems to be in the Ferrari territory to
me.  The clutch job and the "regular" seal replacement would cost me $1,500
so unless I have to I much rather go with this!

Any opinions or insight?

Thanks in advance

Spiros
'94 164LS