164 Steering problem

I have a '91 164 base model with a mysterious steering
problem.  I replaced the rubber bushings that hold the
steering rack in place.  I then had the car aligned.
After the alignment the steering still pulls,
sometimes to the left sometimes to the right.  I know
it is not just "road crown" as I can control which way
it pulls.  If from a dead stop I turn the wheel all
the way to left and back the car will then pull to the
left until I turn the wheel all the way to the right,
then It will pull the the right.  It appears something
must be loose but I've had the rack mounts rechecked
and everything appears ok.  The tie rod ends and other
joints also appear ok.  Does anyone have any ideas for
me.

Thanks,
Jerry
91 164