Re:Re: Snow Tires again - and SUV'S.

Jorge said:
> Driving my Milano on dry road with chains is
> not f un, does not bring any grin to my face, and makes me feel sorry for my
> car.  It feels that it's falling apart as I drive it.  Short of getting an
> SUV with 4WD and M/S tires, I have no other choice.

> Some times an SUV is not that crazy of an idea, after
> all. (sorry)

You do have choices..... Subaru and Audi!   4WD Station Wagons ARE NOT
SUV's.  They meet passenger car Safety and Smog regs and will run circles
around any SUV in the handling department.

After running up a bunch of speeding tickets in a race tuned RX-7.... I
decided to slow down a bit a purchased a 85 Subaru 4WD Wagon.  I was
pleasantly surprised by its sporty handling, smooth boxer motor, decent gas
mileage and AMPLE ground clearance.  I could run with my BMW 02 & GTI
friends around town AND run with my Explorer and 4-Runner friends off-road.
(She had a low range on the transfer case and more ground clearance than an
Explorer!)

I beat the snot out of it every day for 7 years and she never once left me
stranded.  She was unfortunately totaled by a uninsured pickup just before I
finished rebuilding my Milano's motor! (required Alfa content)

If you feel geeky in a station wagon simply add a dozen surf stickers and
Yakima rack.... and you got ya one agro-waggon!

Jason Ball
87 Milano
Austin, Texas