Re: Difficult to restart hot

Juraj wrote:

>This problem occurs when I try to start hot engine after it was off at
>for least few minutes.
>If it is off for just few seconds there is no problem.

Assuming that your timing, dwell, and plug gaps are set correctly, your
carbs may be getting too hot and boiling all of the gas out of their bowls
while the car sits.  The carbs should be mounted to the engine with either
rubber, plastic, or fiber insulators between them and the cylinder head.
Check to make sure they are in there.

The other possibility is classic vapor lock in the fuel line.  Make sure
the fuel line isn't routed over any particularly hot parts, or too close to
the exhaust system.

Rich Wagner
Montrose, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco