Re:Difficult to restart hot

>This problem occurs when I try to start hot engine after it was off at
>for least few minutes.
>If it is off for just few seconds there is no problem.
>
>I have to hold the gas pedal all the way down to the floor and crank the
>engine for 10 - 20
>seconds.
>

>What do you think, what could be wrong ?
>
>This is 2litre carburetted (DellOrto) 4cylinder european engine.
>
>Juraj Lanyi, Slovakia, Europe (Wild wild East)
>jlanyi@domain.elided

Juraj

I also had this problem with the Giulietta 2 litre that I had last year,
until a taxi driving on the wrong side of the road around a blind corner
solved the problem. Those Dellortos fitted to that car are different from
the older types as used on 2000 GTVs. Check that the mixture screws are
adjusted correctly: they need to be opened 4 turns from fully closed. Use
this setting, then adjust each one slightly richer or leaner (1/4 turn,
then try again) until you get the best running position. The balance
between the 2 carbs should be checked too although these engines will start
and run on 2 cylinders as Alfa demonstrated when they used their fuel
saving system which cut out 2 cylinders when power demand was low as in
steady speed cruising.

The engine should start hot with the accelerator pedal pressed down a
little just to feed the engine a bit.

Good luck.

Les in Wellington, New Zealand where "coulda" (could have) is "could of"
and nobody knows how to spell "separate" - Doug are you reading this?