Difficult to restart hot

        Hi !

I am wondering what is wrong with my car.

This was a week ago.
On my "new" Giulietta 2000 I was doing just my 3rd ride to pick up my
friends at rail station.
Alfter we sat down to the car I just could not restart the engine and
looked like
an idiot. I had no clue what could be wrong with my Alfa. The starter
was easily cranking the engine.

We pushed the car about 100 meters and then it started.

Since then I learned how to start it when hot. :-)

This problem occurs when I try to start hot engine after it was off at
for least few minutes.
If it is off for just few seconds there is no problem.

I have to hold the gas pedal all the way down to the floor and crank the
engine for 10 - 20
seconds.

I am very suprised of this. My 1600 Giulietta has never had this
problem. Off course
I had to give gas when starting hot (like most other cars I have driven)
but it started
almost immediately.

What do you think, what could be wrong ?

This is 2litre carburetted (DellOrto) 4cylinder european engine.

    Thanks,

- --
Juraj Lanyi, Slovakia, Europe (Wild wild East)
jlanyi@domain.elided

1985 red AR116 Giulietta, 1600, 140tkm, no mirrors, no rear bumper
1984 red AR116 Giulietta, 2000, 196tkm, one nice mirror, ugly rear
bumper
1982 brown FIAT 131 Supermirafiori 1400TC, 155tkm