Good Roads

Hi all -

As I mentioned previously, I am back after a major computer dump.  It
dumped on me.  'S better now, with a newer one.

Roads:  plenty of nice driving roads within minutes (literally) of most
parts of Los Angeles.  I lead some of the local Alfisti on a tour,
dubbed "in Search of Wild Flowers".. I do it in the spring, searching
for, well, you guessed it.  The real reason is to show some of the club
members some of the nicest drivers' roads between the city and the high
desert, where the wild flowers bloom, if they bloom.

I was left amazed that some (most) of our club members who went of the
tour were totally unaware of the roads that we used.  I am trying to
teach them, using the knowledge that years of road rallying has given
me.

Whatcha gonna do?  Buy 'em books. Send 'em to school.  All they want to
do is eat the teacher

Jay Negrin
ARO Southern California

Should oughta mention - this year's tour will be the 2nd of April.  More
word of this as we get nearer the date.  Should be 2 - 3 hours of drive,
followed by a picnic lunch, somewhere.

jn

PS -
When my computer puked on my shoes, I lost most of my mailing list; the
one I used to remind folks of local, southern California Alfa club
events.  If you want to be on that mailing list, please send me your
email address, and perhaps whether or not you are a member of AROSC. I
don't like doing this, but I gotta get the names back somehow.
Thanx - a lot - jay

End of alfa-digest V7 #1348