RE: Broken "Easy Out"

I agree. I'd try using a fine cutoff wheel to put a notch in
the broken bit, then backing it out with a screwdriver. There
are specialized removal tools with little teeth that fit into
the flutes of drills & taps. The shops that do Electron
Discharge Machining won't touch this?

The fine cutoff wheels come in a little can of 25 or so. Wear
safety glasses. Expect to break 2 or 3 on each fastener. You
might have to get a flex shaft as well. Not fun.