shocks shootout - Bilstein vs Koni

To;  all alfisti
From:  Tom  Norton  - Houston

I'm in the throws of deciding on which shocks to get for a Spyder and a
Berlina.  I think it's fair to say that Konis are the most popular
aftermarket shock for Alfas, and some I've spoken to (with more experience
than I) think it is the only one to consider for an Alfa.  However, I have
never owned Konis but have put Bilsteins on other cars (Mercedes/Porsche) and
have marveled at the supple compliance, but wonderful control they provided.
Does anybody have any opinions (informed or otherwise) on the subject?