RE: Roads, countries, hot dogs, pizzas, wfo..

At 08.29 11/02/00 -0500, you wrote:
><snip>
>> You'll get lost in our cities.. that are all but geometric...
>Come to Boston ;)

thx for invitation, I will one day... I hope :)
I strongly believe there's NO place in the world that's not worth a visit,
and that a life spend in always inside the same city/country w/o taking
a look at what's outside is a WASTED life.
For all the places I wanna see, all the things I wanna do... well.. I'm
sorry my life will not be THAT long... as I say in my signature.

>Get in a drag race with an Italian in Milan and he'll give you the thumbs up
>at the next stop light.  Do the same in the US and the other driver will
>either cut you off or shoot at you.

HA! And that's nothing! There's in my town a bloke with an amazing blonde
always more naked than dressed. He is a typical showing off dude, driving
a Porsche. Fantastic that day (about one year ago) we were waiting
for red lite. I was on my bike... and the dude began to rev up the engine
looking at me .... the babe was looking at me too.. but she hasn't
his "try to burn me" eyes... they were more like "I'm with him because
of the wallet, but I wouldn't refuse a ride with ya". I was smiling
inside my black visor helmet.  Dunno how it performed at the green...
I just put down the front wheel shifting to 3rd, and when I turned
back to see... he was pretty far away.
I'd love to meet him while I'm on my 75 ;)))

Ofcourse racing is pretty common. With motorcycles we have roads we
meet to race each other, with knee down and race bikes. Some also has
SLICK tires (!!).
On normal common road it happens to be overtaken by a sport car while

you're quitely driving. If it happens to me I can't resist. I begin
to tail gate... and fast we go...till we separate.. and we salute with
horn or 4 flashers.

Happened to me the 23th January. Was a sad day, cuz I was taking my gal
to Airport... she was going back home (Buenos Aires). OK.. but we were
still joking and having fun with the 75.  I entered the motorway
and I saw another black 75 Turbo running at about speed limit.
I set myself to 150kph and overtook it (it was doing some 140 I believe).
Once the guy saw me... he moved in my lane and began to tailgate me!!!!!
Turbine's Concerto.
Speed increasing.... turbines at 2 bar pressure, I almost felt the gas
gauge decreasing while the speed one was increasing like mad.
We were at 210kph... and I wasn't able to set some decent distance:
they were more people on that car (all shouting at me .... as I saw on my
mirror) but they had the advantage of me opening the wind.
My gal looked at my speedo and gave me a 600 thoots smile (gotta marry this
gal!! can't miss one like that!!!!
OK... so I moved on the other lane to let him think I was giving road...
I had time to see his satanic smile on his face.....
but...
..sorry... aerodynamic isn't a vain theory: he smashed against the wind wall
I was already facing... BYE BYE ;)))))
I began to seed meters after meters between! ;-))))
(I didn't tell him my turbine pressure is a bit modified....)
...Sadly we had to slow down cuz road was over (pay toll point).... we
waved... and let the turbines cooling down ;)))))

Let's move to France: cars always let you go when they see ya approaching
on a sport car or motorcycle. They just know that you must be crazy
'nuff... better freeing the way.  My ex girlfriend had to PRAY me to
ride back home, I wanted to stay there!! :-))

Let's move to Germany: the are quite law respectful... but when ya're
at 200kph on the Autobahn with your bike, there's always a Porsche
or a Ferrari overtaking ya at over 230 :-)))
I must find that web site I saw 2 months ago: pics of SPEEDOS from
rider/driver
views. Mostly taken in Germany ;-) If I find it back, I'll share on the list,
if you don't already know about it

Buenos Aires, Argentina: HA... amazing... there it's AUTOBUS place.
 really... the role that 50cc scooters have in NAPOLI or ROMA (passing ya
 from EVERYWHERE like mad) ... well in BsAs is taken by Autobus. The bus
 drivers are just mad, and I was INSIDE one of 'em when the bus driver
 decided to drag race.... with another bus! :-) Try to imagine those FAT
 old vehicles with over-revved engine racing in the middle of the center
 of the city. ;)
 Anyway, in the nite you can find set up cages drag racing in some particular
 roads...  And it's pretty amazing.

nodoubt,
937 landpilot
A lifetime isn't enough