164 ACC light out

This appears (get it?) to be  a common problem. The trouble is the interior
temp display is part of the ACC computer in the sense that in addition to
instructing the computer to try to get the interior of the car to the
temperature selected and displayed, it also feeds back diagnostic codes on
what may be wrong with the system. others have posted to the effect that
this display cannot be repaired without replacing the entire ACC computer.
If this information is inaccurate, somebody please correct me, and I'll get
mine fixed too!

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada