Reality check

Tsk, tsk,

Your medication is wearing off young man ;-) Your enthusiasim is commendable
if a little rabid.

I used to regularly spank 318s with my stock '80 Toyota pickup. Depends who
has bigger balls/is the craziest. In hindsight, not exactly proud of putting
others at risk.

This past Sept, I went for Audi performance and comparison training at
Fontana Speedway. We drove all sorts of modern high power machinery. Most
people attending were gearheads. The parking lot looked like an exotic car
show.

We had pro - race driver/intstructors to show us what the cars could do.
After the class, we adjourned to the parking lot. They were as curious as us
as to how our older machinery stacked up. We ran a 4cyl M3, Audi 4000CS,
944S2, and my ( mildly warmed up )Verde. A solo one course had been laid out
during the event. The instructors took turns and timed things. The Porker and
Beemer swapped top spot. Audi and Verde were virtually tied despite the
horsepower differential of about 60hp and my having stickier rubber.

The BM was voted most fun, followed by the Verde ( once acclimated ), the
Porsche, and the Audi final. The Audi was voted the car with the highest
average speed over the worst real world conditons. " When you just have to
get there, take the Audi ".

No one car can be all superior. Everything depends on perspective and
requirements. Note that I drive an Alfa because it makes me feel good - not
that it is the fastest thing on wheels. For that I'll get the S4 with the big
turbo/intercooler upgrade ( good for 380hp ) and go hunt V8 M3s :-) Alfas are
fantastic cars that push all kinds of good buttons. I'd get a new one in a
heartbeat.

April
All Alfisti have loose screws, some more so than others ;-)