Alfa patriotism

Well, I'm going to throw some napalm into our little rocket factory ;-)

Many people confuse the confidence a good chassis can give you, compared with
something that CAN generate better numbers in a controlled environment/with
pro-driver. This particularly applies to the Alfa, BMW, Audi triad.

My 30 year old technology ( Milano Verde ) feels so good and inspires such
confidence, that I can often dust cars I have no business going up against.
Heck, a 5spd 115hp VW Jetta can hold off a BMW 740i in tight twisties.
Communication is all important.

A BMW in expert hands, can annihlate almost any equivalent Alfa. The
difference is that the BMW requires a great deal more skill to be competitve.
The Alfa will be far more fun/rewarding to drive.

As for the Audi, they don't make rwd cars. Audi has FWD for the
non-enthusiasts and Quattro for the serious folk. This is the only passenger
car driveline that has been banned from racing. Remember IMSA ? 100hp down on
the competion and using factory bodyshells. Despite increased weight
penalties, Audi continued to win.

Take a 1.8t QTR and replace the ecu, airfilter, and rear exhaust. For $900
U.S. you have 215hp ( 180lbft torq. @ 2000rpm ) distributed among 4 wheels
via 3 diffs. Replace the turbo with a larger unit and you have 240hp easy.

No, the sound isn't inspiring to those of use who know better. The styling (
? ) is conservative. You can nuke Beemers and Alfas in all kinds of weather.
It won't intimadate ( the driver or onlookers ) like the BM, and you won't be
having as much fun as the the Alfa, but here in the U.S. this is the best
bang for buck

Is an Audi as involving to drive as an Alfa ? Never ! Can you ever feel an
easy comarderie with a BMW like your Alfa ? Never ! Can either of these cars
smoke our nicely styled Italian butts ? YES !

April
'87 Milano Verde
214,700 (s)miles
OK I'll climb into the bomb shelter now