[none]

>>Yes, we make crap here at ford.  But we make LOTS of money doing it.  Which
could fund cool cars (too bad it doesn't- just more damn trucks...).<<

Eric, does Ford "make crap" on purpose? Do they know you feel this way? I'm just
curious, is the crap intentional or what?BTW, I recently drove a Focus 2.0
hatch, not crap I think, enough to make me consider selling the Alfa.

 BTW, regarding "cupholders" if were talking about making money, yeah the E36 M3
 probably had cupholders along with the wood inlay, and autobox and certainly
sold far better than the E30 model (the ONLY real M3) but as an enthusiast I
know which one I'd rather have.
Maybe Alfa should build an SUV, that's what sells right? Porsche is doing it.

Luca <nodoubt@domain.elided> had written:

>The common view EUROPE has about driving a car in USA is terrible:
>we imagine YOU as driving BORING touring cages, with automatic gearbox,
>while drinking a cocacola and eating a full of greasy shits hotdog.
>We don't see the "sporty instinct" we all have over here.
>We don't see the amazing roads, full of twisties we have here.
>We just imagine you driving on a 10 lanes boring STRAIGHT endless highway,
>full of coppers catching you at the 1st rev of engine.

>>Luca:

WOW! you are incredibly insightful.  Yes, that is exactly how
all of us live over here.  So, you should definitely stay right
where you are.

Jay Mackro, U.S. of A.<<

Jay,
I doubt Luca has any desire to swap sides of the Atlantic and he's only
conveying the truth, go to Italy and see for yourself, this is the prevailing
sentiment.

>>is an Audi as involving to drive as an Alfa ? Never ! Can you ever feel an
easy comarderie with a BMW like your Alfa ? Never ! Can either of these cars
smoke our nicely styled Italian butts ? YES !

April<<

April : YEAH RIGHT!

Your implication that any equivalent BMW/Audi will smoke an in "expert hands" is
unfounded to say the least, will a 99 M3 smoke a Verde? I hope so, are these
"equivalent"? No. Will a 1988 325 smoke a 1988 Milano, guess again, will a 323
smoke a 156, doubt it. Will a 145 Cloverleaf spank a 318ti? I'd bet on it.

What exactly do you base your opinions on?? Also expert hands is subjective, I
used to routinely "lose" an acquaintance of mine on the road home , he was in an
e30 325, oh yeah I was driving a Chrysler Lebaron, am I an expert? certainly
not, but compared to this fellow I was, or maybe that elusive K-car chassis is
just superior to Bavaria's finest.
Furthermore a current friend can make me struggle to keep up with his 90 hp
Civic sedan, maybe the Honda's superior to the Alfa too.

Giovanni
88 Verde waiting for 145 Cloverleaf or looking for Ford to do a Cosworth Focus,
Eric?????
Ready with the extinguisher